I am a polyglot with a doctoral diploma in philosophy and cultural studies. I am working on my Post-doctoral thesis, its subject is the skin diseases in Hippocrates. It seems like I’ve become in Greece what I am now. In Greece I learnt Modern Greek, then I learnt Ancien Greek via the Modern Greek. My beginnings are at the beginning of the 2000s.
I spend every summer in Greece, and every time I do my best to escape everything that is mainstream and touristic. I love solitude, I love silence and try, if possible, to escape the noise of the crowds and of the cities. At least of the too big cities. I choose distant places far from, or just to the left, or to the right of the big touristic arteries.
This became possible only due to my knowledge of the Greek language. I can find apartments for rent directly from the Greek owners. Because in their online announcements they address the Greeks mostly and not the incoming foreigners. Their announcements are in Greek, and this means that the prices are substantially lower. And when I contact them, it is always possible to negociate the price. Because the Greek people venerate those foreigners who speak their language.
For this reason, my blog is born out of my will to propose you my search services. If you are planning a trip to Greece and looking for a rather isolated, quiet, “meditative” place to stay, I can find a studio, an apartment or a villa for you, in a small town, in a village or outside it. I am using only Greek sources and only in Greek language.
In other words, I propose an individualized search of accommodation in Greece according to your budget and preferences.
What are the steps?
- You contact me and describe your criteria of my search : location (area where you would like to go); period of stay; budget.
- I surf and search, and find several options.
- We discuss the options.
- I contact the owners.
- We book an apartment/villa.
- Upon your arrival to your Greek house, you transfer me funds for my search services.
The amount would be equal to 10% of the totality paid to the Greek house owner.
You rent a villa in Agia Marina village, Arcadia, Peloponnese, for 1000 euros per month. 1000 euros are paid directly to the villa’s owner Mr. Pavlos Papanikolaou, while 10% (= 100 euros) is kindly sent to me… Thanks for choosing me 🙂
C’EST PARTI !
ΚΑΛΟ ΤΑΞΙΔΙ ΚΑΙ ΚΑΛΗ ΔΙΑΜΟΝΗ!
P.S. To those, who prefer to have 100% straight and direct access to the possibility to look for an accomodation and to negociate prices with the owners, I propose Modern Greek private lessons online (Skype). Only in a few months you’ll tell the result!
Why choose Destination Greece? Compare a few examples:
- Booking.com: Αn apartment between Sparta and Kalamata, 50 m², 4500 euros for 30 summer days.
- Destination Greece: 1. A house in Corinth, 159 m² – 7000 euros (+ 10% + eventual real estate honorarium) for June, July, August (the whole summer season). 2. A house in Argolis, 300 m² – 3000 euros (+) per summer month. 3. An apartment in Argolis, 65 m² – 300 (+) euros per month.
Some luxury examples took from the net, to tickle your fantasy…